PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies (Fire Extinguisher use) – Canberra 31st August 2018
Fire Extinguisher Training
PUAWER008B – Confine Small Workplace Emergencies
Fire Extinguisher Training
To provide people with the skills and knowledge to effectively manage and control ANY workplace emergency that may arise.
Training is competency based, participants will be assessed against the criterion of the PUAWER005B – Participate in an Emergency Control Organisation unit of competency from the Public Safety Training Package.
Target Audience – All ECO members, particularly Wardens. Any general staff that may be deputised to assist with warden duties
- communicate in an effective manner
- give and follow instructions
- implement workplace procedures
- re-stow initial response equipment
- risk management
- use initial response equipment
- manage a small workplace emergency
- actions to be followed when initial response action is not safe
- appropriate initial response equipment
- facilities that may be used to confine emergencies
- hazards involved with initial response action
- implications of the incorrect use of equipment
- limitations of initial response equipment
- limitations of use of emergency control equipment or facilities
- methods of extinguishment
- safe use of initial response equipment
- situations that must not be responded to because of the risk
- types of emergencies
- workplace procedures
|1 – Introduction & Housekeeping
● Facilitator experience and qualifications
● Course content, resources and learning objectives
|2 – Prepare for emergency situations
● Australian Standard 3745-2010
● Potential Emergency Situations
|3 – Identify and assess the emergency & Report workplace emergency response
· Identification of resources
· The fire triangle
· Fire safety procedures
· Safe marking and positioning of used emergency equipment
· Disabled persons
· Elevators during fire
· Location of emergency resources
|4 – Use initial response equipment & Safely confine emergencies where possible
· How to operate a Fire Extinguisher
· Firefighting tactics
· How to use a hose reel
· How to use a fire blanket
· Used emergency equipment
|5 – Assessment
· Scenario based practical assessment of the application of knowledge and skills learned during training.
· Written Assessment – Participants to complete a knowledge questionnaire
Learner Special Needs
We will use additional LLN resources were required. Hands on approach, interactive lessons, visual aids such as PowerPoint or extra visual resources.
Training will be tailored to suit diverse learning preferences.
Maximum numbers: 20 Minimum numbers:10
Statements of Attainment are issued to students directly.
Training Qualification is from the Public Safety Training Package
Unit Of Competency
PUAWER008B – Confine Small Workplace
Foundation Skills- foundation skills describe those required skills (language, literacy and numeracy) that are essential to performance.
Communication – to interact calmly and positively in an emergency event.
The training package and all associated materials supplied remain the Intellectual Property of APL Group or FERST Training Solutions
This program is delivered using face-to-face trainer led sessions to cover underpinning knowledge requirements, with practical group activities to be completed.
Learners are provided with training materials as part of a flexible delivery approach which includes all materials used in the training sessions, activity/assessment materials and other resources to support learning.
Cancellations require a minimum of 10 Days notice. Cancellations after this time will incur an administration fee.
Cancellations with less than 24hrs notice will incur forfeiture of the course fee in full.
Course fees can be transferred to an upcoming listed course or held in credit against a future course with a minimum of 24hrs notice.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Friday 31st August 2018 - 2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
Information and inquiries contact:
Matt Burgess 0414 494 624 [email protected]