PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation – Canberra 31st August 2018
To provide people with the skills and knowledge to effectively manage and control ANY workplace emergency that may arise.
Training is competency based, participants will be assessed against the criterion of the PUAWER005B – Participate in an Emergency Control Organisation unit of competency from the Public Safety Training Package.
|1 – Introduction & Housekeeping
● Facilitator experience and qualifications
● Course content, resources and learning objectives
|2 – Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings
● Australian Standard 3745-2010
● Emergency Planning Committee (EPC)
● Emergency Control Organisation (ECO)
● Emergency Situations where workplace evacuation may be required
● Raising the alarm
● Elements of Fire
● Types of evacuation
● Bomb threats
|3 – Initiate and control initial emergency response & Assist with post initial response
· Structure of Fire Wardens in the workplace
· Fire Warden identification
· What makes an effective Fire Warden
· Building fire safety
· Roles and responsibilities of Fire Wardens
· Duties of Fire Wardens upon alarm
· Persons with disabilities
· Post evacuation activities
|4 – Anticipate the further development of emergencies
· Human behaviour in emergencies
· Evaluation of evacuation performance
· Activating the emergency services
|5 – Assessment
· Scenario based practical assessment of the application of knowledge and skills learned during training.
· Written Assessment – Participants to complete a knowledge questionnaire
|Conclusion Questions and course evaluation||10mins|
|Total estimated time||4 Hrs|
Target Audience – All ECO members, particularly Wardens. Any general staff that may be deputised to assist with warden duties
|Target Learner Characteristics|
|Understand tasks and manage contingencies in the context of a leadership role.|
|Learners with special needs
We will use additional LLN resources were required. Hands on approach, interactive lessons, visual aids such as PowerPoint or extra visual resources.
Training will be tailored to suit diverse learning preferences.
|Warden Training is designed to be delivered to current and prospective Wardens.
Statements of Attainment are issued to students directly. A copy of each certificate will be forwarded to the client for personnel records.
|Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation|
|Qualification = Public Safety Training Package|
Foundation Skills- foundation skills describe those required skills (language, literacy and numeracy) that are essential to performance.
· Communication – to interact calmly and positively in an emergency event.
· Leadership – to lead staff, visitors and others to evacuate safely in the event of an emergency
|The training package and all associated materials supplied remain the Intellectual Property of APL Group or FERST Training Solutions|
|This program is delivered using face-to-face trainer led sessions to cover underpinning knowledge requirements, with practical group activities to be completed.
Learners are provided with training materials as part of a flexible delivery approach which includes all materials used in the training sessions, activity/assessment materials and other resources to support learning.
Cancellations require a minimum of 10 Days notice. Cancellations after this time will incur an administration fee.
Cancellations with less than 24hrs notice will incur forfeiture of the course fee in full.
Course fees can be transferred to an upcoming listed course or held in credit against a future course with a minimum of 24hrs notice.
Terms ad Conditions
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
Canberra ACT. Venue: TBA
Friday 31st August 2018 - 9 am to 1 pm
Information and inquiries contact:
Matt Burgess 0414 494 624 [email protected]